Skin analysis in trials have shown an increase of amino acid peptides:
A 2008 study in Tokyo of 33 women ages 40-60 who took 10 g of Hydrolyzed Collagen daily for 2 months showed 91% saw an increase in skin hydration and resilience.
A Dermiscan study in Lyon France in 2008 showed similar findings in an age group of 35-55: an increase in skin smoothness and hydration, using the Corneometer and Skin Image Analyzer technologies. [15, 16] After 12 weeks of 10g Hydrolyzed Collagen daily, 41% less furrowing, less wrinkles, more resilient, more hydrated.
Skin resilience was measured by the C&Z Cutometer, Hydrolyzed Collagen also increases the diameter of collagen fibrils in the dermis by the same mechanism: fibroblast stimulation. This in turn increases cohesion of the dermal collagen fibers themselves, which is a true anti-aging step. In the skin, this action means increased thickness, suppleness and resilience, as well as hydration.
Hydration, or water content of skin tissue, is proven directly related to overall smoothness and decreased furrowing and wrinkling. ( Sumida)
Babraj JA et al 2005: Collagen synthesis in human musculoskeletal tisues and skin. Am J. Ph. Endocrinol Metab. 289 (5) : 864-9.
Fligiel SE et al (2003): Collagen degradation in aged/photo damaged skin in vivo and after exposure to matrix metalloproteinase-1 in vitro. J. Invest. Dermatol. 120, (5) 842-8.
Chung JH (2001): Modulation of skin collagen metabolism in aged and photo aged human skin in vivo. J. Invest. Dermatol. 117, (5): 1218-24.
- Engelbrecht, Christoph - Interview: Paris, France 6 May 2010
- Asghar, A - 1982 chemical biochemical and functional characteristics of collagen Advances in Food Research vol 28 p 231
- Oesser , S - 1999 oral administration of 14cgelatinhydrolasate
- Journal of nutrition vol 129 p1891
- Veldhorst M - Abreakfast with a-lactalbumin protein Clinical Nutrition vol 28 p 147 2009
- Posstlethwaite, A - 1978 Chemotactic attraction of human fibroblasts National Acad. Of Sciences vol 75 (20 p 871)
- Martin A - Advanced nutritional intakes Ed. Tec. & Doc Paris 2001
- Hays N - Effects of whey and fortified collagen Journal of Am. Dietetic Assn. vol 109 p 1082 2009
- Guyton, A.C. M - Textbook of Medical Physiology
- Sumida E The effect of oral ingestion of collagen peptide on skin hydration Journal of Nutritional Food vol 7(3) p 45
- Theodesakis - The Arthritis Cure
- Warberg, Otto - The Metabolism of Tumors
- Rotta Research Labs - “Profile of Glucosamine Sulfate”
- Woods, Chris - “Repairing Parchment With Collagen” 16 Apr 1997
- SOUKEN study Tokyo Japan: two month study hydrolyzed collagen 2008
- ERMISCAN study Lyon France Cutaneous propoerties of hydrolyzed collagen 2008.
- COURAGE and KHAZAKA study moisturizing effect of hydrolyzed collagen measue with Corneometer and Skin Image Analyzer